Friday, September 30, 2011

Autumn Blessings Journal/Scrapbook

I can't believe I am posting more than once this week! I just wanted to share with you something that I've been working on. It is a gift for Children's Church Leaders that are stepping down from their position at our church. It is a husband and wife team and they have been with my boys for the last 3 years and have done a wonderful job!!! The husband has to travel alot with his new job and isn't able to keep up all that he has been doing with our Kids Church. While I am very happy that he is doing well with his new job, I am sad that he and his wife won't be running the Kids Church anymore. It is bittersweet!


Anyhow, this is a journal/scrapbook that I have been working on for them. I am going to have my kids help fill out some of the journaling spots in it (so that their leaders can see what they thought of it all from a kids' perspective). It has plenty of pockets and tags and such for them to fill out as well as they reflect on the ministry that they lead for the last several years. I will also put in some fun pictures and wrap it and give it to them soon.

As it turns out, it fits in nicely with CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week. CFC22 is to make your project using loops; big ones, little ones, any kind except that on a bow. I used twill loops to make a banner and then stamped the text "thanks" on it. I also used loops to make tabs and tag pulls with them.
If you are like me then you probably have the same kind of ribbon fetish that I do. I just love the extra texture that it provides!

Well, thanks for looking. :) Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. It is always bittersweet to lose people like that. We know they have good things to look forward to, but we want them to stay with us!
    Your journal is utterly amazing.I think your idea of having the kids help will make it a treasure to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a BEAUTIFUL mini journal and card! the loops really add some great touches to the projects! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project! Love your ribbon treatment for the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete