Friday, September 16, 2011

Make It Monday at PTI #32

I just love checking in on PTI's blog to see what's going on with their Make it Mondays. I don't think that I will ever feel like I can't learn a new trick or two. Sometimes it's good to even remind myself of the old ones that could use some dusting off! ;)

Make it Monday #32 is all about using acrylic paints with your stamps. They certainly have a different feel and add a new creamy look to your stamps; less rigid in their patterns. I used this technique with just some ordinary acrylic paints.

Here is my take for Make it Mondays. I used PTI's Houndstooth background stamp with some dark chocolate acyrlic paint. I die cut the bottom and adhered it to the base of the card. The pumpkin I made with my new die from Tim Holtz. I painted that as well and then added some crackle paint to it to give it that weathered and worn look.  The burlap tag is just to give it some fun texture.

Let me know what you think! And as always, thanks for looking.

Paper: Bazzill
Stamps:  Houndstooth, Think Big Favorites (PTI)
Dies: Edgers Die (PTI), Pumpkin (TH)
Inks:  Distressed Ink in Tea Stain (TH), Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accents:  Buttons, ribbon, twine, leaves, burlap, corner rounder

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful acrylic blocking techniques!! Love the elements and colors! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have lots of creations to share!! Happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, very rustic and weathered! Cool card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fun layers that you have in your cards!! So fab!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete