Saturday, October 15, 2011

Final Post for Tonight!

Whew! I feel like I am on the home stretch of a blogging marathon. I usually do a post or two over the course of a week... but I'm on my third one for the night!

This last card that I made combined two more challenges. One is from the folks at CAS-ual Fridays and the other is from Sassy Lil' Sketches. Both were a blast to use!!! For CAS-ual Fridays CFC24 I had to make a halloween card without using the color Orange. Seriously?!!! okay, I always like how OTHER people can think of non-traditional color schemes for holidays. Me, however?! I'm hopelessly traditional.


I tried, folks. Really I tried. Not including orange was bad enough but I couldn't think of any other colors that looked right to me other than purple and black and charcoal and green.
The second part to my card is the lovely sketch SS0S8 at Sassy Lil' Sketches. Sometimes that is half the battle right there coming up with a LO for a card... and with creative minds over at SLS they did some of the work for me. I took the sketch and turned it on its side. I framed the tree silhouette with a piece of burlap for texture. I used some cream tulle, a stitched felt pumpkin with metal flower doodad, and some stitched leaves to add a little more femininity to the focal point. And that's it from me for one night!

Have a great evening!

PS. I found out that it wasn't too late to enter the Paper Issues 31 Days of Halloween. So I did! Hop over there to see some amazing projects for Halloween.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of textures and embellishments! So glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great card...love all the detail..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fabulous. Love the tree & the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layering and texture. Thank you so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the texture :) Fab design too. I think I have that tree stamp, I must dig it out, you gave me an idea :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Carolyn! I love how you incorporated burlap into your design. The purple and lime ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fantastic job with these non-traditional colors! I love the texture of the burlap, felt, and tulle. Fabulous layering!

    ReplyDelete