Thursday, October 6, 2011

Give Thanks Journal/Scrapbook

I have finished this journal/scrapbook and before I put it in my etsy shop I thought I'd preview it on here. After making one for my friends as a thank you for their service in our Kids Ministry at our church, I found myself totally excited about making another one. I don't know if it's like potato chips but I find that one is just not enough!

There are so many times in my life that I can take it for granted that God has blessed me with so many things. I find it helpful to keep a journal to realize just how many blessings I have to be thankful for . I thought I'd make this journal for someone who also would like to journal down all of life's great blessings. I love to go back to my journal during those hard times in my life to remember all of those good things and to help me keep a positive perspective while I am going through the "trenches" so to speak! It helps me to take my focus off of my problems and look instead at all of the wonderful things that God has provided. In any one given day, I can find at least something to be thankful for. Someone at the grocery store helping me with my bags, a song I hear on the radio, a phone call from a dear friend, my son telling me about a good day at school... any one of these can lift my spirits up and remind me of all of the wonderful things that surround me!

Anyway, I think I will be making another one soon. This time I have a specific person in mind. She is a young girl at our church who is quiet and a thinker... she is shy and I see her writing down bits of things on little scraps of paper. Her mother is a single mom who is struggling to raise her and her two other daughters while trying to work and go to school. I think she would love to have a journal and some journal supplies so I will be doing that next. :)
Anyway, I just wanted to share with you what I've been up to this week!
Take care!

1 comment:

  1. This was a very inspiring post not only to read, but to look at your gorgeous journal. There are so many very interesting embellishment details, you are very talented. Coming up with all those little details is not easy although you made it look like it was!

    ReplyDelete