Saturday, August 11, 2012

MIM #77 - Ink Pads as Watercolors

Hey, friend. I'm back with a challenge over at Papertrey Ink. This week's MIM can be found here. The challenge is a new technique to me: use your ink pads as watercolors. I am not very good at using watercolors to begin with but this was too fun of a challenge to pass up.

I used PTI's Pretty Peonies stamp set along with the coordinating die set. I stamp the image on vintage cream cardstock using memento's brown ink (I find that it dries quickly and doesn't bleed like other inks). I also cut out an extra flower using the die so that i could later pop that up on the card. The inks that I used to "paint" the flower where melon berry and terracotta tile. I used simply chartreuse and ripe avocado to paint the leaves.


I wasn't able to stay completely in the lines but i'm hoping that just adds to the watercolor feel. I then stamped some notebook patterned paper with leaves to paint in with ink. I stamped one of the solid flowers in Pretty Peonies with fine linen ink. The cute frame is also a part of the Peonies stamp set. I stamped it on kraft cardstock using that same memento brown ink.

Thanks for popping in. I'll hopefully be updating my blog more regularly now that the kids are going back to school next week. It's shocking to me that they start before Labor Day but I do enjoy getting a fall break and a week off at Thanksgiving.

And with school starting, you know what that means? More cute back to school style notebooks and teacher gifts. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment